Ryan is an associate within the Business Law Group of R&D LLP. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law and extends to residential and commercial real estate matters. Ryan strives to ensure that his clients’ interests are well protected throughout transactions, and often advises on matters that require regulatory compliance.
Sample Representative Work:
• Acting routinely for corporate purchasers on the acquisition of franchise restaurants.
• Acted for a private company on its sale of shares to a public entity.
• Acted for a not-for-profit organization on a purchase of a not-for-profit entity.
• Acted for a corporate client on its acquisition of a commercial plaza including a bank financing.
• Acted for a group of condominium buyers and advised on the terms of the purchase agreement.
• Advised on a range of corporate/commercial matters including corporate governance, securities laws compliance, and commercial lease and tenancy issues.
Ryan articled and worked as an associate at R&D LLP then decided to pursue his interest in real estate law at a boutique real estate and commercial law firm. He returned to practice at R&D LLP in 2021.
Ryan received his Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) from Queen’s University Faculty of Law and was a recipient of the Queen’s Law course prize in Public Law. Prior to law school, he received a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) from the University of Toronto Scarborough.
Ryan enjoys listening to music, singing, fishing, jogging, and traveling.
Ryan is fluent in English and Korean.
Canadian Bar Association